Lift, fill and volumise for that more youthful look.
Your visit to The Hadleigh Clinic
- Your initial visit to The Hadleigh Clinic begins with a FREE, no obligation consultation.
- On arrival at the clinic you will be asked to complete a confidential patient registration/medical records form.
- Your free consultation appointment typically lasts for around 30 minutes.
- For injectable procedures (e.g. anti-wrinkles treatments) and surgical procedures, your consultation and treatment will be carried out by our Specialist Cosmetic Doctor.
- For laser, dermaroller and skin care, your consultation and treatment will be carried out by one of our Specialist Aesthetic Nurses.
At The Hadleigh Clinic we can assure you that you are in safe hands. You will only be seen by suitably qualified medical professionals with a vast experience in medical aesthetic treatments. We do not believe in sales representatives at any of our clinics.
- Your consultation will begin by listening to and understanding your concerns and requirements and discussing how best we can meet and exceed your expectations.
- We will clearly outline the various treatment options available, together with the benefits and any potential risks of each treatment.
- Any questions you have about the process or treatment will be answered honestly so together we decide on the most appropriate treatment for you.
- Any necessary pre and post treatment care will also be explained in detail.
- There is no obligation to book a treatment with us after your consultation as the consultation is entirely complimentary.
- If however, you do wish to book a treatment this can be done for you after your consultation or at a later date via phone or e-mail.
We appreciate that many of our patients have very busy schedules or travel a significant distance to attend our clinics. It is therefore sometimes possible for certain procedures e.g. Botox® and Filler treatments to be carried out immediately after your consultation. If this is something you may be interested in please discuss this with our staff when booking your initial consultation so we can adjust your appointment time accordingly.
- Prior to your treatment you will be provided with a detailed consent form which you will be asked to read and sign.
- You will also have the opportunity to ask the doctor any other questions you have regarding the treatment.
- Aspirin, anti-inflammatory pain killers and some other medications can increase the risk of bruising after the treatment and therefore you may be advised to discontinue certain medications for a few days prior to your treatment. This will be discussed with the doctor during your consultation.
Aftercare Advice for Dermal Filler treatments
- After your treatment we will again go through with you any after care advice in order to maximise your treatment benefits and avoid any undesirable side effects.
- You can resume normal activities, drive yourself home or return to work immediately after the treatment.
- As with any type of injection there may be some slight redness, tenderness and/or bruising after the treatment. This is temporary and disappears after a day or two.
- Camouflage make up may be applied after the treatment.
- With lip enhancement, it is wise to choose your treatment time with care since your lips may be swollen and appear slightly uneven for a few days. The results directly after the treatment should therefore not be seen as the final results.
- Patients who suffer from cold sores and who are having treatment around the mouth area may be recommended to take antiviral medication for a few days prior to and a few days post treatment, as there is a risk that the treatment may precipitate recurrence of the condition.
- For 2 weeks after the treatment you are advised to avoid extreme heat (solarium or sunbathing) or intense cold.
Follow up and future appointments
- One of the great advantages of the dermal fillers used at The Hadleigh Clinic is that the effects are long lasting but not permanent. You are always in control of your looks-you can continue or change the treatment you have had or repeat the procedure as often as you like.
- For facial lines and facial sculpting most patients choose to have a follow up treatment 6-12 months after the initial treatment .The aesthetic effects of the treatment vary from person to person depending on the condition of the skin, area treated, amount of product injected and lifestyle factors such as sun exposure and smoking.
- When the lips have been treated a follow up is normally required after 6 months as the average life of the treatment is less in the lips than in other areas because of the high vascularisation (blood supply) and the action of the lip area.
- Routine review appointments are generally not required, however occasionally touch up procedures may be carried out a few weeks after the treatment in order to achieve optimal correction and maximise the duration of the results (please note that additional costs are incurred if further product is required).
For procedures which may require repeat treatments throughout the year we are happy to set up a text or e-mail reminder service to let you know when your next treatment is due.